Case Reports   |    
Cutaneous B-Cell Lymphoma Presenting as a Hand MassA Case Report
Anthony L. Yu, MD1; Reeba Omman, MD1; Albert J. Song, MD1; Terry R. Light, MD1
1 Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation (A.L.Y. and T.R.L.), Pathology (R.O.), and Radiology (A.J.S.), Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, 2160 South First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153. E-mail address for T.R. Light: tlight@lumc.edu
View Disclosures and Other Information
  • Disclosure statement for author(s): PDF

Investigation performed at the Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Pathology, and Radiology, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois

Disclosure: None of the authors received payments or services, either directly or indirectly (i.e., via his or her institution), from a third party in support of any aspect of this work. One or more of the authors, or his or her institution, has had a financial relationship, in the thirty-six months prior to submission of this work, with an entity in the biomedical arena that could be perceived to influence or have the potential to influence what is written in this work. No author has had any other relationships, or has engaged in any other activities, that could be perceived to influence or have the potential to influence what is written in this work. The complete Disclosures of Potential Conflicts of Interest submitted by authors are always provided with the online version of the article.

Copyright © 2014 by The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.
JBJS Case Connector, 2014 Jan 08;4(1):e2 1-3. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.CC.L.00287
5 Recommendations (Recommend) | 3 Comments | Saved by 3 Users Save Case


Primary cutaneous lymphomas are a rare yet diverse group of lymphoid neoplasms, representing 19% of extranodal non-Hodgkin lymphomas1. In the United States, the majority of primary cutaneous lymphomas are of T-cell origin (71%)1. Cutaneous B-cell lymphomas (CBCLs) comprise the remaining 29%, and rarely occur in the upper extremity (11.9% of all CBCLs)1; CBCL in the hand is extremely rare1. We present a case of CBCL in the hand, originally suspected to be a hemangioma on the basis of the physical examination and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Figures in this Article

    First Page Preview

    View Large
    First page PDF preview
    Sign In to Your Personal ProfileSign In To Access Full Content
    Not a Subscriber?
    Get online access for 30 days for $35
    New to JBJS Case Connector?
    Sign up for a full subscription to both the print and online editions
    Register for a FREE limited account to get full access to all CME activities, to comment on public articles, or to sign up for alerts.
    Register for a FREE limited account to get full access to all CME activities
    Have a subscription to the print edition?
    Current subscribers to The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery in either the print or quarterly DVD formats receive free online access to JBJS.org.
    Forgot your password?
    Enter your username and email address. We'll send you a reminder to the email address on record.

    Forgot your username or need assistance? Please contact customer service at subs@jbjs.org. If your access is provided
    by your institution, please contact you librarian or administrator for username and password information. Institutional
    administrators, to reset your institution's master username or password, please contact subs@jbjs.org


    Accreditation Statement
    These activities have been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
    CME Activities Associated with This Article
    Submit a Comment
    Please read the other comments before you post yours. Contributors must reveal any conflict of interest.
    Comments are moderated and will appear on the site at the discretion of JBJS editorial staff.

    * = Required Field
    (if multiple authors, separate names by comma)
    Example: John Doe

    Related Content
    JBJS Case Connector
    Signs & Symptoms
    Topic Collections
    Related Audio and Videos
    Clinical Trials
    Readers of This Also Read...
    JBJS Jobs
    Massachusetts - Boston University Orthopedic Surgical Associates
    MA - The University of Massachusetts Medical School
    OK - The University of Oklahoma